- 300g cubed chicken breast or thigh, or mixed
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tspn grated fresh ginger
- 1 tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn coriander
- ¼ lime juice
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 generous pinch of chilli flakes
- 200g fresh cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup coconut cream
- Mix all the marinade spices ingredients together. Take half of the mixture, add lime juice and rub into the chicken. Cover and leave in fridge overnight.
- Place other half of marinade spice mixture, onion and chilli flakes in pan with olive oil and cook until onion is soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and half of the coconut cream. Leave to simmer until tomatoes are broken down. Add more coconut cream as needed to obtain correct consistency – you don't want the masala too runny. This masala can then be used immediately or stored in a sealed container in the fridge
- Take the marinated chicken and seal quickly in a frying pan.
- Add sealed chicken to masala sauce and leave to simmer for approx. 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Serve with wholegrain rice.