Is your home toxic?

Is your home toxic?

Is being clean damaging your health?

Bleach is proven to cause adverse respiratory effects, a decrease in lung function, chronic cough and asthma. This has been known for 20 years!

Air samples collected in bedrooms worldwide have been shown to contain chemical compounds found in cleaning products that increase the risk of allergic symptoms and eczema. Studies have compared bleach and natural cleaning products containing thymol, a strongly antiseptic volatile oil, and shown natural products are as effective at killing staphylcoccus and E Coli.

A very recent study concluded thymol molecules contained in essential oils could be used against E. coli⁻ and S. aureus⁻mediated infections without potential induction of bactericidal resistance AND with lower cell toxicity than chlorhexidine. Chlorhexidine is a broad spectrum anti-microbial agent found in skin disinfectant products, personal care products such as toothpaste, deodorants, creams and mouthwashes.

Why use toxic cleaning and personal care products when there are safe natural alternatives that are supportive to health rather than a hazard? Your own cleaning products are really easy to make. I fill an amber glass pump bottle with 1/3 white vinegar, 2/3 water and add essential oils. The main constituent of thyme essential oil is Thymol, so a great one to use!

Leave a Comment





Join My Newsletter

Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates .

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.